Friday, October 11, 2013

Baby LGS

I had the pleasure of working with a friend of mine to get some shots of her 2 week old daughter. The best time to get pictures of babies is when they are just a few days old because they are mostly asleep, making it easier to pose them. Although I did get some great shots during the shoot - thanks to Momma keeping her baby warm and fed - at 2 weeks old, Baby LGS was wide awake and active. She didn't want to hold a pose for long and insisted on wiggling all over the place. She did give me a happy laugh and smile during the first set, which made me incredibly happy. Everything after that was cake :)



The idea in the first set was a personal request by the parents. The flag was provided and it's antique look added something more than a new-looking flag.









In the following pictures, I'm using a furry blanket and a shabby chic bathmat. Yes, a bathmat. I saw something similar online being sold at a photography prop store and it was pretty pricey. Saw this one at Wal Mart for considerably less. Win. 












LGS's parents are crossfitters. The idea was to incorporate that into a theme for the shoot. The pics I saw online that gave me the idea showcased a newborn at 3-4 days old and that baby was asleep. It was slightly more challenging to work with an older baby, but I was able to get a few shots. Will def have to revisit this later on. 




Pictures with daddy!! These came out amazing. I went back to my roots and used Smith Victor flood lamps. Sometimes old school is better than new school for me.
















No comments:

Post a Comment